Recommended Bamboo supplier?

Fallingditch

I plan to do both stairs and floors in bamboo. I was going to source from simplybamboo.co.uk bambooflooringcompany  but they have run out of bamboo noseings and re-up is more than a month away ...

Just wondering if anyone could recommend an alternative supplier?

Or even recommend a supplier of oak flooring?

Lokking for somewhat more thatn 100 sq m, to East Anglia. PM me if you prefer.

Edited by Fallingditch
corrected company name

8 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I have used Simply Bamboo.  The flooring was fine.  We used strand woven.  Tough as old boots.  Get plenty of jigsaw blades for cutting details, and a spare blade for the chopsaw.

I had samples here from both Simply Bamboo and the Bamboo Flooring Company, and apart from the labels on the back it's difficult to tell them apart; both look to be the same quality, possibly even the same product. So, I'd say go with whoever gives the best deal at the time.  At the time we bought ours the Bamboo Flooring Company were slightly cheaper than Simply Bamboo, but it probably varies a fair bit from one month to the next and we'd have happily used the Simply Bamboo stuff if it had been a better price at the time.

As above, it's very tough on saw blades, and I ended up burning out my 25 year old (!) circular saw right at the end of laying it, doing the very last rip cut down a length.  Ripping planks down seems to be far and away the toughest bit, even with a decent TCT blade in the saw.  I found that using Saxon blades in a Bosch multitool (these: http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/index.php/fein-multimaster-bosch-makita-compatible-blades-c-29?osCsid=fdf642i9g9vv0to2tdmfd2m456 ) worked well for trimming around doors etc, as long as you use the hardened metal cutting blades.  All their multitool blades seem a lot better than the Bosch ones, and they are cheaper, too.