Security rating of front door?

Adsibob

I'm looking to buy a double glazed steel door with sidelights and top lights that looks like this drawing. I've got a couple of quotes but none of them are PAS24 rated (although they can provide toughened - but not laminated - glass and they can also provide multipoint locking).

Based on my reading of Approved Document Q, it doesn't have to be PAS24 rated but it does need to have one of the other security ratings mentioned as an alternative to PAS24 which are one these:

1. STS 201 Issue 5:2013
  2. LPS 1175 Issue 7:2010 security rating 2
  3. STS 1175: issue 3: 2011 burglary rating 2
  4. LPS 2081 issue 1:2015 security rating B.

Does anybody know if toughened glass and multipoint locking is sufficient to satisfy one of these ratings? If it is is not sufficient, can anybody recommend a door company that could supply what I need? A few people here have recommended Lathams but they make doors with much less glass than steel, so not quite the style I'm looking for.

image.png.d30951f093a25efb677d936ac790a045.png

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Hi

Try RK doors 

cheers 

Thanks @pocster, i've reached out to them but looking at their website I think they are too contemporary for what we are looking for. We are trying to emulate the crittall style but with modern security. I had thought Fabco could help us as they do crittall style steel doors with multipoint locking and PAS24 certification, but for some reason their doors must open outwards, which is just weird for a front door. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

Thanks @pocster, i've reached out to them but looking at their website I think they are too contemporary for what we are looking for. We are trying to emulate the crittall style but with modern security. I had thought Fabco could help us as they do crittall style steel doors with multipoint locking and PAS24 certification, but for some reason their doors must open outwards, which is just weird for a front door. 

Yes they are very contemporary- so if not your thing I understand . 

25 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Someone near where I used to live had new  and front door windows fitted about 5 years ago in a deco type property.  Looked fantastic, with curved glass.  Sadly I don't know the supplier.

This from Streetview:

image.png.f634c6b051d5a9946ea5c8c9b2f54699.png

Stalker !!!

2 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Someone near where I used to live had new  and front door windows fitted about 5 years ago in a deco type property.  Looked fantastic, with curved glass.  Sadly I don't know the supplier.

This from Streetview:

image.png.f634c6b051d5a9946ea5c8c9b2f54699.png

Looks amazing. That's exactly the look we are going for. We won't have curved glass (because alas there's no curve in our building) but otherwise that looks spot on! We might try and get a brass handle instead of black.