Shower wall back to brick?

Fair enough for the STS boards, since they're technically not waterproof. (I think they developed a render carry board and then just decided to market it for other things)

Pick one of the waterproof boards and then get the manufacturer to confirm if they need additional tanking? 

1 hour ago, Vijay said:

Had a thought today while buying the timber to batten out the uneven walls. Is there any reason I couldn't use some bonding coat between the timber and wall and then once dry, fix it with a screw and wall plug? So the bonding drys to act as the packer?

Bonding coat being plaster bonding coat? I didn't think that was especially quick drying, so how do you hold the timber in place while the bonding coat dries? 

Just now, James Newport said:

Bonding coat being plaster bonding coat? I didn't think that was especially quick drying, so how do you hold the timber in place while the bonding coat dries? 

I just fix the timber stud loosely with screws and plugs, put bonding behind, tighten the screws till the stud is in place, then next day tighten the screws

1 minute ago, Vijay said:

They look like the foam core, rather than the solid cement boards. The guy from STS may have been talking about the solid cement version if he recommended tanking them. Worth double checking with them.

13 minutes ago, Vijay said:

Yeah they are the foam core, I went into Wickes this morning and looked at the. So are all foam core ones supposed to be waterproof?

Sorry, no idea. If I didn't have a load of the cement board version already I'd be going for the foam core version instead though. 

40 minutes ago, Vijay said:

I just fix the timber stud loosely with screws and plugs, put bonding behind, tighten the screws till the stud is in place, then next day tighten the screws

Sorry, thought you meant you stick them up one day and screw them in later!

Jackoboard people were very helpful, said the boards were totally waterproof but the joints and fixings should be tanked over. Seems if you have to do that, makes sense to just tank the whole board and you know it'e belt and braces.

By the way, using bonding (with a bit of cement) worked well as packers for the timber stud