Odd Title Plan

delta9

Hi there, new to the forum and looking for some guidance!

Planning on purchasing a run down house to tidy up and live in.

I have seen a few but came across this one with an odd title plan, the plan appears to be split up into multiple segments, I can see at least 6 pieces of land bordered.

The title plan does mention "The mines and minerals together with ancillary powers of working are excepted".

So I am assuming sometime in the past, the owner has decided to retain these odd bits of land, which is now mostly overgrown.

The vendor has not mentioned any mine shafts etc and I've searched the mining map and nothing has come up to show this is a mining area.

My plan was to maybe put an extension on the non-red areas or a garage or just simply clear the area as a garden, but now this does not look straight forward, I am sending off an index map search to get more information, just wondering if anyone has any advice or perhaps come across this situation before.

It's a bit odd! If you look at the land next to the 10k green bit, that is the properties front garden, but why isn't the green bit not included?

I appreciate their is a right of way to neighboring properties at the front, but that is not an issue.

The area in red is freehold land.

Thank you for any help and guidance

plan-1.jpg

plan-2.jpg

can't help much, but make sure you stay on the case of the solicitor, and be aware of exactly what you are buying, and what bits you might not be buying... Be a nightmare to find out after that you thought the bit where you wanted to put your garage was excluded etc.. Good luck

• Like 1