Disposal of LPG cylinders

gdal

We have bought a house that’s been empty for over 2 years. On site are 3  x 47kg propane bottles and 4  x 7kg butane bottles. The name of the supplier is on the bottles, and I’ve called the company several times. They tell me they will come and remove them but have repeatedly failed to do so. I’m fed up. Anyone got ideas about who else might take them away? They’re too big to put in my car. 

thank you

Offer them on Freecycle or if you prefer facebook or gumtree etc.

Someone will want them, and if you want them for the first time you will normally have to pay a cylinder hire charge, so somebody somewhere will take them to avoid paying that.

I could do with another Calor 47kG but I doubt you are close enough for it to be worthwhile for me to collect.

44 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Offer them on Freecycle or if you prefer facebook or gumtree etc.

Someone will want them, and if you want them for the first time you will normally have to pay a cylinder hire charge, so somebody somewhere will take them to avoid paying that.

I could do with another Calor 47kG but I doubt you are close enough for it to be worthwhile for me to collect.

Oxfordshire

Our local amenity site (fancy name for tip) takes them  - I also had two to get rid of once the caravan was no longer required and was surprised at how relaxed the supplier was about ever getting them back. Eventually they disappeared off site, no idea if it was them or someone else .

5 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

Why do the caravan enthusiasts leave them on every site if you get refunds on the bottles 

I have never seen discarded bottles on sites. They are swapped for full ones (with payment) ?‍♂️

20 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I have never seen discarded bottles on sites. They are swapped for full ones (with payment) ?‍♂️

You probably don't see many TRAVELLER caravan enthusiasts round your way

19 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Drive  casually to work with them in the boot, and then, when nobody is looking, just hit the ejector button to jettison into the local canal. 

Good job the driver was wearing shorts, he would have had a jobby in in socks all day.