External oil boiler housing- options...

cwr

I will need to house an oil boiler on the exterior of the house, and am mulling over the options. It's the type that would normally be situated in a garage.

I know that ASHP and other renewables are gaining popularity for new builds, but I happen to have this boiler so for now it is being fitted.  I am also wary that the way things are going it may only a have a life of 5, 10, 15 years maybe, then it may be more cost effective to move to ASHP etc, so need to bear in mind that it and it's 'house' may be removed at some stage. So far my thoughts are:

1. build a small block housing against the house wall, then have the lot rendered. Not so keen on this as if its removed then render needs patched

2. build a small block housing 100mm away from the house wall after the house is rendered

3. buy a steel enclosure like this https://www.haldane-fisher.com/galvanised_boiler_house_enclosure_standard_770_x_770_x_1220mm_penc00200.html

4. make a steel housing like the above

This is surely not a new problem... Any thoughts, advice or alternative options?

Thanks.

That is another option, but means buying another boiler when I already have a boiler here ready to use. It just happens that the one I have is not an external one so needs a little house for itself which I reckon should be a lot cheaper than buying a new external one.

7 hours ago, cwr said:

That is another option, but means buying another boiler when I already have a boiler here ready to use. It just happens that the one I have is not an external one so needs a little house for itself which I reckon should be a lot cheaper than buying a new external one.

Ah, apologies. You did not mention you already own the boiler :) Option 3 seems the sensible option if not fully permanent.