Which kingspan type for UFH?

Barryscotland

Hi can somebody confirm that KINGSPAN THERMAPITCH TP10 TF70 TW55 2400X1200X 150MM is OK to use under the screed? Would of expected Thermafloor to be delivered but apparently its all the same just named differently? Looking to be reassured its correct before we store it away.

PUR for different applications can have different formulations for the core and different foil faces. Check with manufacturer for suitability and if interchangeable.

As regards use under screed the MIs and BBA certs will normally require a light gauge polythene sheet.

On 15/04/2021 at 08:51, MikeGrahamT21 said:

As long as its got the foil coating, which i'm pretty sure thermapitch has, its all the same, PIR is PIR.

Foil both sides so all is good.... except the price, projected build cost is going up with each order. 120mm kingspan £40.74+vat 50mm 19.80+vat.

4 hours ago, Barryscotland said:

Foil both sides so all is good.... except the price, projected build cost is going up with each order. 120mm kingspan £40.74+vat 50mm 19.80+vat.

Seconds & Co for insulation, however it is dependant on the BCO and how strict they are. Where I am they don't really question it, just that its there so it doesn't matter so much.

1 hour ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

Seconds & Co for insulation, however it is dependant on the BCO and how strict they are. Where I am they don't really question it, just that its there so it doesn't matter so much.

Just looked them up and theres one fairly close to me in Stirling, there online prices are a bit cheaper for 120mm boards but dearer than merchant has quoted us for the 50mm boards. Do you loose much of the boards by the time you've cut of the damaged areas?

To be honest, i've only ever bought the kooltherm phenolic boards from them (premium), the delivery driver told me these generally come perfect, and so far he has been right. I've gone through about 30 100mm boards, and every single one has been spot on, obviously just not 100mm, but that didn't matter to me, it was near enough, like 95mm or something.

I think the PIR boards can often have damage, but if you are near then you may be able to view and pick some out?

Edited by MikeGrahamT21