Gold paint or bespoke brass plinth?

Adsibob

In my quest to hack a bog standard kitchen into something more fancy, instead of having the regular plinth to match the rest of the kitchen, we want it to be brass. The downsides of brass are that it might get scuffed easily when people knock into it with their shoes and I also imagine it's going to be quite expensive as we need about 12m by 10cm of it, although it would be pretty thin as it has to be flexible enough to bend into four right angled curves for the bit that goes around our island. It's structure would just be the plinth that is supplied by the kitchen company.

Has anyone sourced such a piece of brass, if so where from?

Would an alternative be to paint the plinth with some sort of gold paint. Has anybody done that before. Does it look good, or do I need to powder coat it?

• 4 months later...
On 15/04/2021 at 01:35, Adsibob said:

In my quest to hack a bog standard kitchen into something more fancy, instead of having the regular plinth to match the rest of the kitchen, we want it to be brass. The downsides of brass are that it might get scuffed easily when people knock into it with their shoes and I also imagine it's going to be quite expensive as we need about 12m by 10cm of it, although it would be pretty thin as it has to be flexible enough to bend into four right angled curves for the bit that goes around our island. It's structure would just be the plinth that is supplied by the kitchen company.

Has anyone sourced such a piece of brass, if so where from?

Would an alternative be to paint the plinth with some sort of gold paint. Has anybody done that before. Does it look good, or do I need to powder coat it?

@Adsibob did you go through with this and find an affordable way to do it?

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, tanneja said:

@Adsibob did you get the brass sheets in the end?  I came across a company in Liverpool yesterday when on Pinterest, I am thinking plinth and reverse of breakfast bar in brushed brass finish for us

The joinery company doing the kitchen is going to show me some samples of “laminate” brass, which I think is mostly fake. Would you mind PMing me the details of your Liverpool supplier?