Adapters for radiators tubing height

Bruno

I'm currently using high temperature aluminium radiators, and looking forward into replacing them with others, suitable for working with ASHP

All the current radiators have 600mm water input/output connections. Most low temperature radiators have smaller distances (some much smaller). 

Because the plumbing is already built into the walls, I must keep the 600mm. Are there any adapters for this situation? Looking good is a bonus as not all radiators can hide the plumbing. 

Of course. This is the smallest radiator I have, but the connections are all the same, the only difference is being on the left or right side of the radiator. 

IMG-20210415-003740.jpg

IMG-20210415-004041.jpg

IMG-20210415-004032.jpg

Edited by Bruno

2 hours ago, tonyshouse said:

Insulate the house and keep the rads 

Thank you. 

Insulation is being improved. But I need to definitely replace at least one radiator, in my bedroom. Even today with high temperature it heats far less than the others because it's at the end of the circuit. This will only get worse as I'll decrease the water temperature. 

I'm actually considering a ventilated unit for this specific case. 

• 1 month later...

Balance the radiators.

All rads should heat up evenly unless the house is absolutely mahoosive.

The pre-setter or lockshield valve controls the peak flowrate through the radiator. This is what balances heat output during the warm-up phase.

The thermostatic radiator vakle (trv) is what controls the flow rate through the radiator once the room is near to the set temperature (which is controlled by the trv NOT the thermostat).

Most houses are unbalanced. The pre-setter or lockshield is to far open and achieving nothing. This means that time nearest the pump steal all the flow until they have neared their setpoint and the trv starts to regulate flow. Only then does heat flow to the distant radiators.

In a correctly balanced system all radiators will heat up evenly if you turn on the heat source / pump and remove the trv heads.

If they don't do this then you have balancing problem not sizing problem. Very, VERY, common.

Also very, VERY common for the room temperature never to be controlled by the TRV because it's set to high and the heat up period is too short.

The only challenge comes when the house is SO big and the pipework is SO uninsulated that the water had time to cook in the pipework before it reaches the farthest radiator. In a care home or hotel this matters. A bit. In a typical (<200m2) host it's irrelevant and even in larger houses can be fixed with thermostatic bypasses.

Schematic of system? Description of how you distribute flow? Photo of what is under that white cap and the trv head?

CLOSING there other lock shield valves then cracking then open a rich to force water to the most distant rads is likely what you need