Conservation Area Size Rooflights?

ashthekid

Does anyone know what the size limitations are for conservation area rooflights?

Or can you have any size as long as they have the glazing bars?

My planning permission for my conversion project does not stipulate a specific size and the granting doesn't have any conditions stipulating a certain size either so I'm guessing I have the flexibility but seeing as I want to comply with common conservation area rooflights I wanted to check if there was a law or guideline on the sizes allowed. I was looking at Velux 114cmx118cm SK06 size and adding the glazing bars to it.

3 hours ago, ashthekid said:

My planning permission for my conversion project does not stipulate a specific size and the granting doesn't have any conditions stipulating a certain size either

I don't know the answer to your question ( I'm an interested amateur - not an expert) . But I do know that if your design passes Planning - and its Conditions and Building Control, you can do pretty much what you want.

PS, @pocster has some lovely glazing for sale cheap as chips - DM him with an offer ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ashthekid said:

My planning permission for my conversion project does not stipulate a specific size

it will be scaled off your plans. How were the architects plans drawn and what size was used for that - you can’t just make up a size and it cover half the roof with glazing if there are only 2 small squares on the plans.