Wunda system - which one/payback?

eandg

I have been quoted £2,452 for the green and £2,156 for the amber system which uses a wider pipe system, with the blurb saying green will "save money on running costs". Any idea on the likely payback period for the £296 difference or other thoughts?

1 hour ago, jack said:

Do they say how it's supposed to save money?

Apparently the amber and red systems need wider pipe centres making them less efficient and requiting higher heat input to achieve the same temperatures. No further info than that. 

Green system  was sold to me as it would be  "future proof" should I later decide to go for a low temperature heat source ( I currently dont). I also bought a pipe stapler which I will happily sell on at a greatly reduced price. Used once, one careful owner !

Is it ASHP, gas, oil, geothermal or what are you proposing to use and what type of insulation do you have in the floor?

Extra pipe is relatively cheap and a larger manifold isn't a big increase either. The cost will be any additional stats or actuators. I'd be putting them in at 100mm which I presume is the green. In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot extra and you can't dig up the floor later to add more.

1 hour ago, Dudda said:

Is it ASHP, gas, oil, geothermal or what are you proposing to use and what type of insulation do you have in the floor?

Extra pipe is relatively cheap and a larger manifold isn't a big increase either. The cost will be any additional stats or actuators. I'd be putting them in at 100mm which I presume is the green. In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot extra and you can't dig up the floor later to add more.

ASHP on pre-cast insulated slab (0.11 W/mK). The 'green' system is for 150mm. Think you're probably right on the costs but trying to shave costs where possible - every £296 adds up.