Chrome flush plate aversion

I was going to call it an allergy, but that would really be silly. I just really don’t like chrome. Our bathrooms are all going to have a brushed brass, antique brass or matt black finish on the fittings and hardware. I would like to match the flush plates or push buttons on the wall hung toilets to these finishes, but I’m struggling to find something affordable. Seems madness to pay c. £100 plus for the flush plate when the frame and cistern and toilet only come to £400. 
geberit do some flush buttons which are white with a gold trim. I guess that might work, though it’s not ideal really. Grohe do a brushed gold which would more or less match, called “
Grohe Arena Cosmopolitan S Flush Plate Brushed Cool Sunrise” but the price is £131 which is madness. I saw another Grohe option called the Grohe Skate Cosmopolitan which has some acceptable colours and comes in at £95, but again that seems a crazy price.

i could get a Crosswater flush plate in brass for £80, but that would require getting a cross water cistern and frame - anybody have any experience of those?

If anyone knows which manufacturer has reasonably priced non-standard colours for their flush plates, and still offers a 10 year warranty on the cistern and frame kit (like Grohe do ) please let me know.

• 2 months later...

@Adsibob We seem to have identical aesthetics to what you describe.  Would you mind sharing what you went for in terms of cistern and paired flush plate in the end?  I have assumed at this point that Geberit and Grohe would be better performing cisterns thinking that is what their companies are best known for, but that is likely just a market bias.  I would also like a quiet toilet / cistern combination, and one with high velocity to really clear the bowl. Never appreciated how many choices there would be, and how many unknowns...I thought the toilets would be easy after so many house decisions.

On 11/04/2021 at 23:29, PeterW said:

You’re looking RRP - never pay more than about £40-50 for the Geberit ones apart from the silly one that is about £300... 

Or the £6 - 800 jobbie @pocster was salivating over! ?

• Like 1

I briefly considered mixing different suppliers for cistern and flush valve but I think some pneumatic flush valves are incompatible eg the way they do dual flush differs. Think some do..

Single flush 1,0

Dual flush 1,1

And others do..

Single flush 1,0

Dual flush 0,1

If you get what I mean.

30 minutes ago, Temp said:

Incidentally, I bought a vitra concealed cistern/frame and matt black flush plate for the very reason that matt black will work with our colour scheme (all our windows are matt black framed) and vitra seemed very good value. I didn’t have the confidence in Vitra to buy this brand for all the toilets though. Have gone with them just for one toilet that won’t be used as much as the others.

@tanneja to answer your question, @Temp used his skills to find me some more affordable brass effect plates in the Grohe range from this website: https://insani24.de/
I ordered two a couple of weeks ago. The website is a bit weird because after ordering I didn’t get a confirmation email, but when I log on to my account the order is there. It was meant to dispatch a couple of days ago, but for some rain it hasn’t, so I actually emailed them today to check what’s going on (your message reminded me - thanks!). It looks all legit, so I’m sure it’s fine, I’m hoping it’s just a couple of weeks till I get them.

I still haven’t ordered the Grohe cisterns/frames yet. Thinking of going with the new model that comes with a flow regulator, though I’ve never been an early adopter of new technologies, so seems a bit risky. Just appealed to it by the fact that you can tweak the flush flow rate to work perfectly with any rimless toilet - I’ve probably just fallen for the marketing!

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/07/2021 at 23:05, Adsibob said:

It looks all legit, so I’m sure it’s fine, I’m hoping it’s just a couple of weeks till I get them.

I was so naive and hopeful. Been chasing this insani24 company for a couple of weeks and after prevaricating a bit they eventually admitted that despite me ordering the damn things on 10th June, they still have no clue when they will receive them, let alone when I will receive them. 6 weeks have passed since ordering and nothing...