Doorbell

38 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Isn’t there a dedicated door entry unit that can do all this with better connectivity and just forget about the door lock mechanism?

I can deal with the door lock mech via HA. Looking again at Doorbird. Seems the best off the bunch but at a cost!

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

I can deal with the door lock mech via HA. Looking again at Doorbird. Seems the best off the bunch but at a cost!

HA can open motorised lock easily, but how are you telling HA to open door? NFC or fingerprint or something?

I was thinking about using doorbird and a Loxone "NFC code touch" together with a custom front panel of some sort in order to do access/doorbell/video in a single unit. But keen to look at alternatives, which is why reason I came across the UniFi Access Reader Pro.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan F said:

HA can open motorised lock easily, but how are you telling HA to open door? NFC or fingerprint or something?

I was thinking about using doorbird and a Loxone "NFC code touch" together with a custom front panel of some sort in order to do access/doorbell/video in a single unit. But keen to look at alternatives, which is why reason I came across the UniFi Access Reader Pro.

Many many ways!

I can open motorised locked via HA ( app or web based ) . Currently door has finger scanner ( though it's broken at the moment!! )

When working! - triggers a relay that homeseer can detect which in turn triggers a fibaro relay on the lock

The unifi access reader pro does sound promising. But as you said some 'features ' don't exist yet.

The thing that hacks me ( like ring ) is the subscription and also the video/audio isn't accessible too me i.e. propariatory  . Doorbird stuff is accessible. Therefore integrates with blue iris which in turn integrates with Homeseer.

Though it's way to expensive for a bloody video doorbell - I *think* door bird is the way to go - tempted to push the button on a purchase!

( did also look at arlo, arcrest etc. etc. )

Edited by pocster

Just now, SteamyTea said:

That would be 'call girl'.

Just think of that next time you get a cold caller.

When I come around I am going to hold this up to the camera.

8447697966784313105.jpg

That's sexist and against forum rules. I'm rather shocked and offended by your blatant disregard for the female form.

Send her round