Full height glass

nod

Our friends have recently finished there SB and have this full height window South facing and are unsure how to dress this window without spoiling there view 

Weve sat in this and the solar gain is going to be a problem 

Which is making us sure that 3g is a must 

Who has these tall gable window on here Can this be tackled with type of glass we use Can our friends get blinds to sort this out 

7CE14E29-5B71-4B36-B0D7-C4C2A5C351DB.jpeg

We have two of these, one is south facing and we had to have film put on it because of the solar gain, the room was reaching over 30 degrees in summer and the film has definitely helped.

I started looking for blinds for the winter time as you always‘ feel’ a coldness from a bare window even although there really isn’t any cold coming in, I found a company that do motorized blinds that go up the way from bottom to top into the triangular part of the window, unfortunately not in Scotland and I can’t find anyone that does them up here.

Edited by recoveringbuilder

1 hour ago, nod said:

Our friends have recently finished there SB and have this full height window South facing and are unsure how to dress this window without spoiling there view 

Weve sat in this and the solar gain is going to be a problem 

Which is making us sure that 3g is a must 

Who has these tall gable window on here Can this be tackled with type of glass we use Can our friends get blinds to sort this out 

7CE14E29-5B71-4B36-B0D7-C4C2A5C351DB.jpeg

Not sure why you are saying 3g is a must? We have 3g and it still gets plenty warm when the sun is on it. On the windows that are truly South facing we had a solar coating put on them and this really does help

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not sure why you are saying 3g is a must? We have 3g and it still gets plenty warm when the sun is on it. On the windows that are truly South facing we had a solar coating put on them and this really does help

For the cold 

I have a 5m high glass gable like this in my design. I added a 3m canopy to ours,  simply because I wanted to be able to sit out in the rain  (West coast of Scotland - so it's wet a lot). But the canopy I am hoping will remove the solar gain in summer with the high sun, but allow the winter sun in to heat the place. Hopefully 

• Like 1