Mains water stop valve / cock value for 32mm MDPE

PI build

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies. We spend ages looking for a valve with for 32mm MDPE inlet and 28mm Copper outlet with compression fittings, then found out that Plasson make a compression copper adapter set so you can fit a 28mm copper pipe to a 32mm MDPE compression outlet. 

Our supply pipe installation has now been approved by our water supplier

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Dominic said:

PI - I am about to purchase exactly the same configuration. Did you go for plastic or brass? Any thoughts on plastic vs brass?

I'm about to do mine too 32mm MDPE to 28mm copper. @PI build do you have  links to the products you purchased please? Or anyone who has done the same please.

Any links to double check valves in 28mm also appreciated please - all I can find are 22mm from Screwfix (not sure what "DZR" means???).

I did this.

32mm mdpe to 28mm copper , used a talbot adaptor, push for on plastic and compression on the copper. To be honest can't remember where it came from but it can't have been too hard to get hold of as it's not etched in my mind.

IMG_20210615_195501742.thumb.jpg.6295d6cbb2f586bc5b236dc40d5aaa17.jpg

If memory serves I either swaged the olive on using a normal fitting first, it soldered it, rather than overstressing the plastic, but I always overthink everything.

I ran 32mm to the road, but then the boundary box and tapping on the main was only the standard 25mm.

That was 10+ years ago, today I'd most likely just get the speedfit one from screwfix. Item 33399

Edited by JFDIY

2 hours ago, Hilldes said:

(not sure what "DZR" means???)

The brass alloy is resistant to corrosion caused by zinc being leached by Chloride ions. (Google 'DZR brass')

50 minutes ago, A_L said:

The brass alloy is resistant to corrosion caused by zinc being leached by Chloride ions. (Google 'DZR brass')

@A_L looks like it is compatible with sea water then ? (with other benefits I now know). Thank you.

1 hour ago, JFDIY said:

I did this.

32mm mdpe to 28mm copper , used a talbot adaptor, push for on plastic and compression on the copper.

IMG_20210615_195501742.thumb.jpg.6295d6cbb2f586bc5b236dc40d5aaa17.jpg

Thank @JFDIY so you connected to 28mm copper, have a 28mm brass stop cock then 28mm double check valve?

Yes, it's been in 10+ years, not sure if modern regs differ much, but I know the water board wouldn't come out until my stop tap was fitted so they could check it all. 

I thought it was un-necessary at the time as it was little more than a stable block (conversion) with services in. I wanted to leave it isolated at the boundary box until the internal fit out was well underway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hilldes,

Just noticed you referenced my post, we got the parts from City Plumbing. Stop cock looks like this:

Still waiting for SES to connect us to the water main. I think we are at the bottom of the queue as they are connecting for free to bypass the existing lead pipe.

valve.JPG