We're in!

Stones

Some may have noted my absence over the past two or three weeks. The curse of self building - not enough hours in the day! After a final push, a lot of cleaning and packing, we are at last in our new house. A few bits and bobs to finish off,  but we do have a Temporary Occupation Certificate, and really have nothing much more than pulling together paperwork for our Completion Certificate.

Watch this space...Blog update to follow in the next few days.

• Like 4

Congratulations. As you saw we are some way off that for a while, I won't even stab at a timescale for ours at the moment.

Dorris in nothing. It's blowing a hoolie here already and has been for a day or so. But that's just normal Highland winter weather, it doesn't even get a name. Dorris is set to go further south than here.

Where next for the next build? Shetland?

Thanks for the kind words.  Yes, relieved we are in, and while there are various odd jobs still to do, it's so much nicer than being in the rental.  Dorris visited us last night and I'm pleased to say, the wind was barely audible, not a peep from the roof tiles (when I compare it to the clattering roof of the rental we've just left). Oodles of DHW, a steady 20C inside with ASHP barely ticking over.

As for another build, I suppose I should never say never, but I certainly don't have the appetite or drive to build or move again (no need to) compared to when I started off 20 odd years ago.

Edited by Stones
Typo