Utilities companies Scotland

KTB

Hi folks, 

We have purchased an unserviced plot, within a village boundary without mains gas. I have been in touch with Scottish Power and Scottish Water (the owners of the infrastructure) re: connecting utilities on the site. There are houses on both sides of the plot, with existing connections. 

The electricity connection would be an approx 35m run from the nearest supply, including 1m across a public pavement. I have been quoted £3000 to connect this by Scottish Power.

The water main runs straight through the site. Will we be able to connect directly? How much (approx) should we budget for water and sewage connection?

Anybody got any experience of using other suppliers to undertake the works? Any you can recommend - Or not??

Sounds as if you will be fine as most things are there. 

I used SPEN direct for my connection, but they just subcontracted it, was accompanying called Gaeltec. I had a 600m run and my own transformer to buy all in at 18k. So yours sound fine to me. 

Scottish water will do the mains connection for around 1k. Not sure in sewerage.But you'll need to dig trench and backfill. Fingers crossed it is one you can connect into. 

Also I'm hopi g the main doesn't run where you plan to put the house? 

Edited by SuperJohnG

Thanks John - The main water pipe for the village passes right across the site, but it would be about 15-20m South of where the house would be situated. 

I replied to Scottish Power today asking about an alternative 10m route, the possibility of providing our own armoured cable and have started looking into alternative providers.