Bifold Door issues

tmcb1234

Hi,

We have bifold doors leading to outside which are combined with an external aluminium door (so you don't have to open the bifold every time to go outside, can just open the door). This is a multipoint locking aluminium door. I have noticed though that the top of this separate door (not the bifolds themselves) does not close flush with the surround at the very top (it closes flush elsewhere and have adjusted the bottom and middle keeps as well and it sits flush absolutely fine there) but because the top is not fitting flush (see image 0940), we get draughts coming in to the area. 

I think I've adjusted the keep as far as it can go but would welcome if there's anything more I can do on either the keep (pictured) or on the hinges (also pictured)?

I also wondered what these gaps in the aluminium surround at the bottom are (oval shaped) that go into the actual door mechanism at the bottom. surely these let in draught too/should be sealed or what are they for? (Img.0946). 

Finally wondered if there should be a metal strip (if so where I could get one) between where the bifold mechanism/mount is and the laminate flooring? Img. 0945

Would welcome anything I can do for adjusting these have tried everything and we are still getting a v cold and draughty room.

Thanks!

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

Edited by tmcb1234
Said PVC but actually is aluminium

I had the supplier come out to look at mine 3 times for a very similar issue to yours.

One time, they wedged a block of wood in the bottom and pushed the top of the door - it flexed back in and aligned much better.

The second time, they ‘adjusted’ the bit which the locks connect into (no idea what this part is called, it’s the bit on the frame not the door) by putting a plastic spacer behind it. This did allow the dowel like latches to pull the door in tighter reducing the gap. 

I think the final time was a bit of token fannying about with it before they said that it was as good as it could get.

I did get a partial refund, but I have come to the conclusion that they are just never going to be airtight. Although I will say that the other set without the pedestrian door is much better.