Wallrock KV600 Thermal Liner ?

MAB

Anybody used this or any similar 'Wallrock' wall lining products for use in rooms in older housed with cold exterior walls? The reviews in link below seem good and one of my neighbours has used it recently with good results. Seems a good compromise where installing thicker insulated plasterboard would involve removing/damaging original  'period' features of an older house like skirtings, etc, and much better than the old polystyrene wall lining rolls my dad tried back in the 1970's, which was not very robust with us as kids in the house.....

Product description

Wallrock Klimatec KV600 Thermal Liner – put simply, ‘The Big Brother of Wallrock Thermal Liner’ is a new and improved thermal lining paper that draws on all of the successes of Erfurt Mav’s Wallrock Thermal Liner, but provides even greater insulation benefits.

The most effective place to place any thermal barrier is on the inside of the coldest walls which is why we have developed this product especially for use on the inside of your home. It is especially effective on external walls by which we mean walls that are open to the elements on the other side.

When a room has been lined with Wallrock Thermal Liner it separates the cold mass of the wall from the room environment and reduces both the cooling effect of the wall and cold air currents in the room created by the differential temperature zones within a room. Therefore, the maximum amount of heat is available to heat up the room air.
Rooms thus become warm and cosy up to 65% more quickly and energy consumption is reduced by up to 35%. Any room will benefit from the use of thermal liner, the biggest benefits however are in older houses with solid wall construction.

https://www.gowallpaper.co.uk/erfurt-mav-wallrock-kv600-thermal-liner.html

Wallrock Thermal Liner

https://www.gowallpaper.co.uk/erfurt-mav-wallrock-thermal-liner.html

Wallrock range:-

https://www.gowallpaper.co.uk/wallrock-range.html

Edited by MAB

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/04/2021 at 19:12, MAB said:

Anybody used this or any similar 'Wallrock' wall lining products for use in rooms in older housed with cold exterior walls? The reviews in link below seem good and one of my neighbours has used it recently with good results. Seems a good compromise where installing thicker insulated plasterboard would involve removing/damaging original  'period' features of an older house like skirtings, etc, and much better than the old polystyrene wall lining rolls my dad tried back in the 1970's, which was not very robust with us as kids in the house.....

Product description

Wallrock Klimatec KV600 Thermal Liner – put simply, ‘The Big Brother of Wallrock Thermal Liner’ is a new and improved thermal lining paper that draws on all of the successes of Erfurt Mav’s Wallrock Thermal Liner, but provides even greater insulation benefits.

The most effective place to place any thermal barrier is on the inside of the coldest walls which is why we have developed this product especially for use on the inside of your home. It is especially effective on external walls by which we mean walls that are open to the elements on the other side.

When a room has been lined with Wallrock Thermal Liner it separates the cold mass of the wall from the room environment and reduces both the cooling effect of the wall and cold air currents in the room created by the differential temperature zones within a room. Therefore, the maximum amount of heat is available to heat up the room air.
Rooms thus become warm and cosy up to 65% more quickly and energy consumption is reduced by up to 35%. Any room will benefit from the use of thermal liner, the biggest benefits however are in older houses with solid wall construction.

https://www.gowallpaper.co.uk/erfurt-mav-wallrock-kv600-thermal-liner.html

Wallrock Thermal Liner

https://www.gowallpaper.co.uk/erfurt-mav-wallrock-thermal-liner.html

Wallrock range:-

https://www.gowallpaper.co.uk/wallrock-range.html

Hi MAB,

May I ask if you ending going down this route with KV600?

On 20/04/2021 at 22:10, TryC said:

Hi MAB,

May I ask if you ending going down this route with KV600?

Not yet.....my neighbour who has a similar 'period' house to mine, which would be difficult to insulate to modern Building Regs requirements without ruining internal or external 'period features,' is currently giving it a try and is impressed with the results so far....but he really needs to go through a full winter season to confirm that it at least improves comfort levels of the rooms with 'cold' solid brick external walls.

Edited by MAB

On 26/04/2021 at 18:44, MAB said:

Not yet.....my neighbour who has a similar 'period' house to mine, which would be difficult to insulate to modern Building Regs requirements without ruining internal or external 'period features,' is currently giving it a try and is impressed with the results so far....but he really needs to go through a full winter season to confirm that it at least improves comfort levels of the rooms with 'cold' solid brick external walls.

ah , i see. we're getting ready to do ours at some point!

Keep us informed if possible, its on my list of things to do/try......it can only be better than the existing 'cold' external solid walls and the reviews seem good, as long as you don't expect to match the levels achieved with 50+mm of Celotex insulation!

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Keep us informed if possible, its on my list of things to do/try......it can only be better than the existing 'cold' external solid walls and the reviews seem good, as long as you don't expect to match the levels achieved with 50+mm of Celotex insulation!

will do!

haha, no I don't but it is better than nothing! we have stone walls and apparently, it is a bugger to drill and insulate or the tradepeople actually refuse to do it because it is too much efforts.

I previously used the red label for one room when I was a student and couldn't afford wall rock - not that it I can now but I'm not looking to keep doing it so thought this time I have to try wall rock! ha ha

• Like 1