Curved wall

jamiehamy

So I've had a go with this and quite pleased. Had already bought the bendy ply so will see how it paints up. Will remove and bond with glue before fully screwing in. I've counter sunk before Screwing which works well. One more to go (on the left of the second pic - that stud will be coming out) ! 

DSC_1606.JPG

DSC_1616.JPG

• Like 2

On 21/02/2017 at 06:08, Onoff said:

What would the "old school" method have been for a curved wall, vertical laths then plaster?

Really old timber lath would've bent around most curves,horizontally. 

The method I learned in college was using EML & two coats of bonding before skim. 

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

What sort of ply is that @jamiehamy?

Is that the pre-slotted-on-the-back stuff or just thin?

Cheers

I got it from a local merchant - think it must have special properties as its £36 a sheet! No slots,  curves well and doesn't distort.  

• 2 years later...

How time passes and some jobs get bumped to the back of the queue! I'd tried to get the mdf to bend and nearly had it but would have required a lot of attention to sort. Until Craig announced he'd bought curved skirting. I confess to having rolled ze eyes a bit. Until the time came to fit it. CT1 and a sharp knife. Easy as can be, tiny bit of filler required to finished the tiny gap. Jobs a good'un! I don't know how much it was and maybe don't want to know... Anyway, for future curved wallers, this is brilliant! 

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

Edited by jamiehamy
Craif is actually Craig :)
  • Like 6