Planning Delay

Ryan Bazeley

Hi, I am after some advice please......

I have planning permission granted but at the 11th hour have decided to extend part of the building slightly by 1m. The change has been submitted as a non material change and I see no reason why it will be rejected? (I hope)!

My builder is due to start so I am wondering if I continue to dig the foundations and install the slab with the proposed 1m extension will I get into any trouble? Or, should I just wait?

TIA

On the planning portal information it does state that no more than 1m extension to plans can be submitted as a NMC. 

My architecht spoke with the planning officer and they recommended submitting for a NMC.

The remaining distance to boundary is 5m and the extension size is 1m x 5.6m giving an increase of about 5% to overall internal floor area.

1 hour ago, Ryan Bazeley said:

Regardless of this what is the worst case scenario if I decide to install the foundations for the extra 1m section without planning consent?

Just that you may need to abandon part of the foundation and dig as per consent if you don't get you revised approval.  If your architect is confident you could just go ahead.

If there is drainage / service runs affected it gets more complex.  Also, if it is a poured slab it would be tricky to alter.