When did 8 by 4 OSB sheet shrink?

epsilonGreedy

Two years ago I purchased some OSB3 sheet (Norboard) and it arrived measuring 1220mm X 2440mm i.e. 8' x 4'.

The latest version from my BM had shrunk down to a round 1200mm X 2400mm. What was the point of Brexit if consumers are still being subject to this sort of metrification swindle?

BOTH sizes are available.  But the ones I have been buying have been the metric 1200 by 2400 for some time, in fact when I mistakenly got an imperial sized one from a different merchant, it annoyed me I had to trim it down to size to match the others.

just check the sizes before you buy.

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

If you are trying to attach OSB to a metric frame on 400 or 600mm centres getting the imperial ones by mistake is VERY annoying.

@epsilonGreedy is your frame built to imperial measurements?

No frame as yet @ProDaveI was just a momentarily outraged consumer who did some planning for full sized 8x4 sheets before concluding (in error ) I had been diddled with inferior stock from my local BM. 

Anyhow if this thread is to provide any long-term benefit to the general forum population then "beware wooden sheets in both imperial 8x4 and metric 2400x1200 are in general circulation from suppliers". A loss of 40mm in length (imperial 8' x 4' to metric)  might be important to someone doing precise measurements for 8x4 sheets prior to order.