How best to solve guttering issue

BobHenry

Hello could anyone help me on some guttering design. I have attached an image:

(1) Do you agree that its best to run this gutter away from the valley?

(a) If i run away from the valley should I drop onto the sloped roof below or take the downpipe all the way to the gulley pot?

(b) or should I run towards the valley then I dont need any downpipes?

(2) With gutter 2 could an option be for me to run to the right then at 42 degrees down the slope on the facia to connect with (3). I ideally dont want to create any more soak aways 

Untitled-2.jpg

I would question if 1 and 3 are large enough to clear the rain in a storm without overflowing. Definitely need independent downpipes but you will need deep flow guttering on all of that. 2 would look ok if you brought it down the corner post with its own downpipe if possible. 

Lovely cat slide roof!

There is a lot of roof area going into gutter (3). Being above the front door you definitely don't want this overflowing. I think @PeterW is right, you'll need a deepflow gutter to handle the intake. Worth also looking at square cross-section guttering as may work better with the aesthetic and it also has higher capacity.

image.thumb.png.82edae78d91900736e18ff3aca61291c.png

You'll need that velux to be very well fitted as I expect in downpours you'll have water approaching it from the valley.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BobHenry said:

I ideally dont want to create any more soak aways 

If you are running to a soakaway this must be at least 5 metres from the house.  You can connect as many pipes as you like to it, subject to the soakaway capacity.

11 hours ago, BobHenry said:

a) If i run away from the valley should I drop onto the sloped roof

You can drop it onto the slope (we have that in several places). You normally fit a bend at the bottom that directs water points across and down the slope. 

I would support the overhang at 3 with posts and perhaps run two downpipes one down each post to cope with the flow. 

We have had issues with overflowing. Not really due to the capacity of gutters exactly but due to the higher speed and depth of water on the roof causing some to overshoot the edge of the gutter.

Edited by Temp