Pressurising UFH for screed pour

climbinggeorge

I've got a bit of a dilemma I'm trying to think through and wanted to see if my solution is viable.
There have been delays connecting up the site to mains water (an organisation holding access on a road to ransom, a work in progress but not fixed ETA ).
We are just about watertight to shell now and I wanted to crack on with the fit out where I can.

For the ground floor the plan is:
Beam and block floor (laid)
Membrane
130mm insulation (due to arrive next month)
Membrane
Wunda cliptrack UFH
50mm liquid screed
20mm Floor finishes

I can get the UFH piping laid out and clipped down before the screed arrives. 
For my own peace of mind I'd like to pressure test it before the pour, I've also been advised there should be water in the pipes and pressurised during the pour to prevent rising and stop cracks appearing later.

Which leads me to trying to pressure test the piping without access to mains water.  I think I should be able to manually file the pipes through the  manifold and then use a pipe pressure tester to check (something like this https://www.hss.com/hire/p/pipe-pressure-tester ? ) but would welcome advise if that's the best way or if I'm missing another better solution?

The only other work around I've considered is using the wundatherm product and sitting that on top of the screed, effectively raising the floor level.

Just get some end caps for the PEX (probably 16mm) and then cap off one end of each loop. Now put a 16mm/1/2BSP tap connector on the end, put a pressure tester on the 1/2” and pressurise to 2 bar. Lock it off and then wait. It will drop fairly quickly if there is a leak, check your fittings with soapy water then move on. Cap each pipe as you go and the pressure will be fine for pouring screed.