Safest Vertical Water Location

LA3222

Now then, running my pipes out, going up is easy as I can bring then up exactly where I want. Downstairs is not so straightforward as they need to come down from the pozi, run across then up into the sinks. Where is the best position for the vertical section of pipe? Right in the corners?

20210326_140415.jpg

Edited by LA3222

I did consider the side of the window but then I was questioning whether I would ever fix anything there and forget!

Looks like that is the winner though, cheers gents. The things you start questioning yourself over when self building is crazy, I was literally sat for 20 mins staring at that wall pondering all the permutations, should have asked the question sooner!!

13 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

I would run them down the corners as that is an electric cable safe zone so less likely to be drilled into.

Experience show it is ONLY electricians that know about safe zones.  The average home owner does not.  If you are going to fit a run of shelves that end at a corner, where will the end bracket be fixed?

Just now, ProDave said:

Experience show it is ONLY electricians that know about safe zones.  The average home owner does not.  If you are going to fit a run of shelves that end at a corner, where will the end bracket be fixed?

Well, tbh I wouldn't a bracket in the corner.

14 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Well, tbh I wouldn't a bracket in the corner.

In the case of a kitchen, there is a high probability of a kitchen unit going into a corner and that will need fixing.

Perhaps NOW is the time to plan the kitchen layout, and ensure the chosen pipe drop location is exactly centred on one of the kitchen units so the fixings at the sides of each cabinet are well away from the pipes?

On 26/03/2021 at 15:10, LA3222 said:

The things you start questioning yourself over when self building is crazy, I was literally sat for 20 mins staring at that wall pondering all the permutations, should have asked the question sooner!!

That was a short reflection !  I often lose half a day measuring and playing the plumbing / electrics / wastes / soils / ventilation etc on my clients builds and vary rarely get much thanks for it as it’s work that isn’t ‘shiny’ or ‘on show’. 
I agree that almost nobody knows about the safety zones, but I agree with @PeterStarck and that is where I run them. I just never fit them right into the corners, but instead fit them at the furthest extension of the permissible 150mm so ( as you will see with most fitted corner cabinet / end of generic wall hung unit ) the brackets are just inside of the thickness of the carcass, so at 150mm and just under you’re relatively safe. 
6 and two 3’s tbh, between that or hugging the window reveal. If really worried you can run the 15mm pipes down through 22 or 25mm stainless tube ( like hanger rail as sold  in B&Q ) as a means of mechanical protection. 
If this is your forever home, just take pics and don’t forget. Life’s too short.