Self Build Zone - any news?

I have been trying to contact self-build-zone all week to assign them to my project. I have had a number of quotes from them and I am now ready to go. They have offered BCO and Structural Warranty inspections using the same inspector, which is bonus in terms of efficiency - the only provider who is able to do that. My build is due to start in 2 weeks and now I cannot contact them at all. They say on the ir website that due to COVID they have people working from home. As this has been the case all year this is wearing a bit thin as an excuse for poor service. Does anyone know if there are any problems with their business? If so I need to switch to another provider and pretty quick.

17 minutes ago, Oldsteel said:

I have been trying to contact self-build-zone all week to assign them to my project. I have had a number of quotes from them and I am now ready to go. They have offered BCO and Structural Warranty inspections using the same inspector, which is bonus in terms of efficiency - the only provider who is able to do that. My build is due to start in 2 weeks and now I cannot contact them at all. They say on the ir website that due to COVID they have people working from home. As this has been the case all year this is wearing a bit thin as an excuse for poor service. Does anyone know if there are any problems with their business? If so I need to switch to another provider and pretty quick.

Not a good sign 

Regarding warranty most are pretty lax and just want photos 

Ours (Protec) didn’t even inspect the foundations and only spent ten minutes on the final inspection 

LA building control are usually cheaper Call before 10 am for the same day visit Night before for first thing 

You may be better considering your options 

My builder is worried about delays having two inspectors to deal with, and also if they may disagree. So it does make sense to have one person doing both jobs. I am not too botherd about the Warranty - I have read posts on this but we do need to have one in place, its a box ticking exercise as far as I am concerned. I have contacted the inspection company that self-build-zone were going to assign and they are trying to establish contact from their end. Its unusual for a business not to answer the phone to customers wanting to pay them ......

Edited by Oldsteel

40 minutes ago, Oldsteel said:

My builder is worried about delays having two inspectors to deal with, and also if they may disagree. So it does make sense to have one person doing both jobs. I am not too botherd about the Warranty - I have read posts on this but we do need to have one in place, its a box ticking exercise as far as I am concerned. I have contacted the inspection company that self-build-zone were going to assign and they are trying to establish contact from their end. Its unusual for a business not to answer the phone to customers wanting to pay them ......

No it doesn’t make any difference 

When we did ours through LA 

The warranty guy asked if BC had been and said take photos 

Private BC often want a couple of days notice for visits 

4 hours ago, nod said:

No it doesn’t make any difference 

When we did ours through LA 

The warranty guy asked if BC had been and said take photos 

Private BC often want a couple of days notice for visits 

Well it may come to that if Self Buildzone don't get their act together