When a plumber gets things wrong - Spot the mistake!

The sink is squint? 
the sink isn’t centred on the tile?

the plumber didn’t remove the packaging from site?

There isn’t any roses covering the hole coming through the wall?

There is no local isolation under the sink?

The sink hasn’t been sealed to the wall?

?

• Like 1

Haha yes there are numerous little errors, turned out using big ish porcelain tiles on walls involved planning furniture around it, because the tiles could only take certain cuts around some things without breaking so you had to centre them around things like the tray etc.

It was actually the tap tails that really bugs us, what’s the point of buying an expensive chrome bottle trap with the water water pipes coming out below it!! New bathroom so all pipes for sanitary ware were set in situ for the sink not because that’s just where the pipes were!! 

Edited by rh2205

This is the problem with expecting trades to “know” what you want if you have not specified exactly what you want. When I used to do bathrooms I mocked up everything and got the customer to ok it before I fitted anything .

I agree it does feel like no one considered the height of the floor would end at, even though I raised it as we have a 2m tall person in the house. Anyway nothings ever perfect the tails are the only really irritating detail. I wasn’t happy that the flush plate was set higher than I would of liked which adds to the effect of things looking the wrong height, but hey to me the tails actually look like a diy job & we paid a professional...

You haven’t seen what’s behind the wall, a tonne of jointed clipped together plastic pipes with loads of joints for the entire house. We just wanted it done literally even though maybe long term it’s not the best plumbing arrangements throughout. We just don’t want visible screw ups now.

It not being centered on the tile would annoy me more than the tails. I've lost count of the number of times I've looked at my build and said "why the f*** would you put that there?" 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, rh2205 said:

@ToughButterCup am I being too fussy ?

No.

But we are in that group of people who , because of our individual experience, can't un-see stuff.  Your bathroom wouldn't be my style choice, so my examination was cursory. Had we wanted large tiles of the sort you had, I'd have been all over it like a cheap suit. And so just as commited to it as you are.

@ToughButterCup thanks for the support, hindsight’s wonderful, I’d have ditched porcelain tiles and the overall style in a second if Id realised what we were getting into with the complexity of grout lines and not to mention the pain to install. Obviously the bathroom is also just way too big but we just went with the architect who looking back probably rushed lots of things & you know what I guess there was only so much we could manage and correct as we didn’t have the luxury of time and just wanted a house ready to live in without it taking 5years.

Also trying to find tiles in lockdown has been a pain that kind of process just doesn’t work with everything shut so we just gave up without thinking things through. Wish we’d gone with the initial white walls and wood effect floor & normal sinks with cabinets, easy and very neutral less likely for screw ups & cheaper!