Minimum space for hallway

Raffyscraffy

Hi,

I have been trying to get to get in contact with my local authority building control to no avail so hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

I live in a housing association house conversion and was wondering if there were any regs that stipulate how wide a hallway should be as they did some works that has further narrowed my already eye watering narrow space to the point I can no longer get my fridge, sofa or any large items in or out.

many thanks 

Hi Peter, thank you for your reply.

Do you mean the main communal door and hallway on the ground floor that everyone’ in the block  uses as the primary access? If so That is fine, lots of space there.

It is the width of my section where you walk up the final 8 steps to get to my flat and my flat only  that the width has been compromised 

As it was a conversion rather than new build, a "material change of use", only certain regulations can be applied at the time it was converted, with this type of conversion Part M does not apply, however, any alterations should not make the premises any less compliant than it was prior to the work being carried out.
Without more details it is difficult to comment on the specific alterations you mention.