Thresholds for doors post-screed

eandg

Careful measurements. 

You will need to know the exact floor finish, what this floor finish is fixed down with etc etc, you then mark FFL on the wall and fit doors to match that. 

Easier to do if your tiling as you can alter adhesive under tiles a little bit. 

Also better to be low with the screed as it’s easy to bring the screed up 3-4mm with a floor leveller than it is if you are too high. 

So I would side with caution and go 4-5mm low and allow for a few mm of wiggle room. 

• Thanks 1

On 26/03/2021 at 08:29, Russell griffiths said:

Careful measurements. 

You will need to know the exact floor finish, what this floor finish is fixed down with etc etc, you then mark FFL on the wall and fit doors to match that. 

Easier to do if your tiling as you can alter adhesive under tiles a little bit. 

Also better to be low with the screed as it’s easy to bring the screed up 3-4mm with a floor leveller than it is if you are too high. 

So I would side with caution and go 4-5mm low and allow for a few mm of wiggle room. 

Thanks. So how would you build up doors under the FFL, is that something the supplier will provide or do you need to pack it? Sorry, stupid question I'm sure but with covid I've not had a chance to visit showrooms and ask. 

12 minutes ago, eandg said:

Thanks. So how would you build up doors under the FFL, is that something the supplier will provide or do you need to pack it? Sorry, stupid question I'm sure but with covid I've not had a chance to visit showrooms and ask. 

Usually sat on something like Marmox to mitigate against cold bridging. Either way the packers need to be synthetic so they don’t bridge damp. 
Saw one clients build where Norsken fitted all the sliders on top of offcuts of wooden battens. Client cemented the remaining gap internally and I bet it’s sucking in moisture and cold like Monica Lewinsky. 

• Like 1