Lift & sliding window drainage system

Pep

Hello everyone,

I am planning to install a lift and sliding alu-clad timber window in my property. I have attached a vertical cross section of the wall on which the lift and sliding window is going to be mounted. The window will be installed on the outer edge of the wall however I am not sure what sill/drainage system should be used in front of the window so that water is drained away and prevented from coming into the space between the cedral click and the outer edge of the wall?

Any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I cannot find any solution online that would work for me.

Thank you.

vertical cross section.PNG

Thanks for your reply, Russel

I have checked some pdfs however they show the drainage system only when the lift and sliding system is used as a patio door and not as a window.

I decided to post here to find out if someone had previously come across such a problem? So any other suggestions would bre greatly appreciated.

Craig,

Thanks for your message.

Currently looking into the system as per the attached files. I've uploaded drawings of the  fixed and the movable sash cross sections.  In my case, the threshold would be removed  on the movable sash picture.

Thanks again.

fixed leaf 47.PNG

movable leaf.PNG

If I'm not mistaken, it's an Italian system? I'm thinking Pavanello Serramenti but they may be sticking in my mind because they were chasing me to be a UK distributor for them. Details look a little different but definitely Italian. If removing the front section on the moveable (sliding sash) side), then you're left with a straight edge and what appears to be exposed timber? You need to be able to catch the water that runs down, I'm presuming hardwood if it is timber?

If timber, I'd be wanting a small rebate in it (4mm minimum) so that an external alu cill can be fitted and when the water runs down, it doesn't get behind the cill and drains properly.

• 2 weeks later...