Cooker control unit

Had a spark round to quote for a new CU and have a quick glance at electrics in our old house.

Before fitting the new cooker she recommended what I am remembering as a cooker control unit, inline of the current flex.

But googling it looks like what we already have on the wall. Is there something else that can (maybe should with current regs) go inline between between the switch and cooker? She described it as an isolator so work can be done on the oven without turning off at the board/ extra safety.

A Cooker control Unit is in it's simplest form just a 45A double pole switch. or ic can be combined with a 13A single socket as well.

Are you saying you don't have one and the only way to turn the cooker off is the MCB in the consumer unit?

22 minutes ago, ProDave said:

A Cooker control Unit is in it's simplest form just a 45A double pole switch. or ic can be combined with a 13A single socket as well.

Are you saying you don't have one and the only way to turn the cooker off is the MCB in the consumer unit?

There is one.

Switch for cooker (has the flex coming out)

Switch for dishwasher

Single socket.

Unless that is not one. But I was wondering if what I was remembering to ideally buy was the term I was actually remembering - if that makes sense.

https://ibb.co/DPF34Rb

Edited by ash_scotland88

11 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That's a very old type in your picture.  Apart from it being old, what is the actual question?

Oh dear, I'm feeling like an other for the forum users...

Spark said to me before installing new cooker she'd recommend "product x" shorten the flex that's coming out, put in "product x" and then flex to new cooker.

I can't remember "product x" my memory is calling it a cooker control unit but it appears as I have one.

Is a cooker control unit the only form of safety for a cooker or can I install something else? (Which may in term help jog my memory of what I was told).

Am I right in saying at the moment that "flex" * exiting the CCU goes straight to the cooker?

If so what was probably mentioned was a "Cooker Connection Unit"  One of these

image.thumb.png.065eafc5b4f35aaf7e3bd18adacbc728.png

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mk-logic-plus-45a-unswitched-cooker-outlet-plate-white/16686

It's a means to terminate the cooker flex making it easy to replace if you need to.

More important for when the wiring out of the switch is buried in the wall.  Arguably not essential when the cable out of the switch is on the surface so easy to replace.