Saniflo dumbness

Pocster

SWMBO was over again ffs 

Current plan is this .

Macerating WC pumps ? into grey water macerator which then dumps into soil pipe . Meanwhile sink/washer etc. grey water uses a seperate pump .

I’ll put valves on both vertical runs so I can avoid grey or ? running Back when they break ( not if ) .

I’ll set a zwave sensor on macerator that receives the ?. So at least if it doesn’t trigger I.e draws too little current or indeed too much than at least HA can inform me .

I’ll probably put a valve on the input pipe . So when it busts can turn inlet pipe and outlet pipe off . My other plan was when it fails I see no reason why I can’t drill a hole straight into the saniflo unit to drain it of ?. Trying to minimise the fun when it goes wrong . Apart from relatively easy access to the pumps any other suggestions to take into account when failure strikes ?

4E5CF25A-A608-4B88-9902-146448F788C6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Ok ignore that - thought you wanted to do an A-B pump route 

Erm . You’ve confused me

wc has a ? macerator which then pumps to the first grey pump ( making it not grey anymore ? ) - then up and out ( hopefully ) 

3 minutes ago, markc said:

Macerated waste will still have solids that a grey water pump is unlikely to cope with .... blockage clearing wont be pleasant

+1 to this ..! Which is the point I was making. 

Grey water saniflo are just a pump and a float switch in a box. WC waste is known as black water and contains solids. Different type of pump. 

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

+1 to this ..! Which is the point I was making. 

Grey water saniflo are just a pump and a float switch in a box. WC waste is known as black water and contains solids. Different type of pump. 

Ok . So wc macerator into black water macerator . So ......

image.jpg

Thinking about it .

if the vertical black pump pipe is full of ? and it fails would you be able to turn the valve to isolate and stop it running back ? . Trying to think of a guaranteed way to isolate or even drain the pipe in a “nice” I.e controlled way .

So these can take a standard 110mm waste pipe which you can cap off and then run a 38mm pipe or similar into them. That needs to be as short as possible but also your input pipe needs a fall on it, especially if it has just a WC feeding it. You’ll need to come up out of the macerator by a foot or so then get a decent slope to the next one.

Not sure if this will work in reality and these things are noisy - one is bad enough, a pair running ...??? Have you not had the sensible conversation and said the “No” word to Mrs Pocster or is that something that is banned in the dungeon ..??

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Thinking about it .

if the vertical black pump pipe is full of ? and it fails would you be able to turn the valve to isolate and stop it running back ? . Trying to think of a guaranteed way to isolate or even drain the pipe in a “nice” I.e controlled way .

https://mcalpineplumbing.com/plastic-chrome-fittings/flexible-fittings-non-return-valves/z28m-nrvs-solvent-weld-line-non-return-valve

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I fitted one of these into a basement:

https://www.sumpsandpumpsdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Sewage-Pumping-Station-Compact.html#SID=20

No noisy macerator and uses heavy duty 2" ID pipework.  I sunk it halfway into the ground and brought insulation and flooring up.  Located in a services room behind the WC.

Inlet looks too high for me . I can’t sink it into the floor ( ufh ) .

Do standard black macerator have another input that’s lower than the wc one ?

2 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Does the Macerator have to be right next to the bog or can you use normal soil pipe from the bog to the macerator which located somewhere else? 

Macerator at bog ( which is no issue ) . Then 3m horizontally to next Macerator. 

Does anyone know where this thread is going? apart from down the pan.

Thinking of ongoing threads - whatever happened to the cold house/condensation/imbalanced radiators/wet climate thingy ... cant remember what it was now.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

I was just thinking whether there is a way to do it with only 1 macerator. 

D4C3FCB9-FEBE-4A6C-B62C-CF35C1A27BB9.jpeg

No.

Because the liquid will run ahead of the solid from the WC. So eventually you will get a blocked pipe. Saniflo confirmed this method was a bad idea.

6 minutes ago, markc said:

Does anyone know where this thread is going? apart from down the pan.

Thinking of ongoing threads - whatever happened to the cold house/condensation/imbalanced radiators/wet climate thingy ... cant remember what it was now.

This thread is progressing nicely. We've established it is possible with some "risk".

The other thread you refer to is Zoot the Hoot. I believe he has immigrated to a warmer climate. This solved his ASHP issue immediately.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, pocster said:

No.

Because the liquid will run ahead of the solid from the WC. So eventually you will get a blocked pipe. Saniflo confirmed this method was a bad idea.

Oh poo ☹️