Gap between fence and house

So a small 3 bed will be 80sqm (rooms 3x3 upstairs no en-suite etc) and that’s a footprint of   6.5x6.5 ext which isn’t very big at all. That won’t fit on this so you’re really talking about building something 5x9 or similar which will mean a long thin house. It can be done and look really nice, but it won’t be a mansion. 

Your issue may be driveway - highways may insist on you trying to turn on the plot so you drive in and drive out - and you may not be able to do that. 

What is either side of it ..??

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

1m gap 5m house 1m gap. 

Does it have planning. 

Yes please check screenshot. In description of this plot is something like that "Potential to redevelop subject to the necessary planning consents."

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

So a small 3 bed will be 80sqm (rooms 3x3 upstairs no en-suite etc) and that’s a footprint of   6.5x6.5 ext which isn’t very big at all. That won’t fit on this so you’re really talking about building something 5x9 or similar which will mean a long thin house. It can be done and look really nice, but it won’t be a mansion. 

Your issue may be driveway - highways may insist on you trying to turn on the plot so you drive in and drive out - and you may not be able to do that. 

What is either side of it ..??

Please check picture

Opera Snapshot_2021-03-20_101451_www.google.com.png

Edited by arvid309109

So it doesn’t have planning and is known as a back land plot around here. 

Looks to be a private road / drive leading up to it, would need to understand legal right of way and access for services etc. as that is not automatic. 

Also a big tree in the back left - that will limit how far back you can go. 

Unless the cost of the land is 20% of the value of the final house in that situation I would walk away as too many unknowns. 

24 minutes ago, arvid309109 said:

@PeterW What about tree? Can I chop down this tree without permission? Asking price is £25 000. Where I can check right of way for this private road?

Check the deeds of the property via the land registry and also the house next door to see if they have any restrictions. You can only remove a tree if it is not in a conservation area and no TPO (Tree Preservation Order) is in place. 

What is the average price of a similar size 3 bed house in the area ..? 

I have no idea how long this land is for sale. Maybe in this year owner try sell it. Yes I see only information about planning history of this garage at front of property and it's very old (more than 30 years old). What about container? Can I install ship container and make home from it and live there or I need apply for permission?

Edited by arvid309109

5 minutes ago, arvid309109 said:

I have no idea how long this land is for sale. Maybe in this year owner try sell it. Yes I see only information about planning history of this garage at front of property and it's very old (more than 30 years old). What about container? Can I install ship container and make home from it and live there or I need apply for permission?

You will need planning permission for a house whatever it is made from, and you will also need to meet building regulations.  

Seems to look's like there is no TPO for trees so probably trees there can be chop down. Can I request for information of planning permission if I'm not owner of this plot? I want get sure before buy it.

Edited by arvid309109