Macerator pipe run

Pocster

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

What about a 135 Deg bend multi fit to plain end?

Won’t go . The problem is the boss is just too high - only by 10mm Max . I’ll solvent weld a plug in it and do a less rotated one next to it ...

I’ll hide the mess as always - thanks false ceiling 

Sitting here bored tonight I thought I would do some research for you @pocster  

after a couple of hours of thought I think I have sorted out your problem. 

I did consult @Nickfromwales on his views but he was a bit drunk, so not much help. EC4E9705-8347-4EA5-97C5-B1C730FA3B7C.thumb.png.581ddce0e3abfc5a2d733ce4f4886524.png

Hope this is of help, if not pease contact customer service on 1-800 couldn’t give a shit dot com. 

Your welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just wanted to say that I'm glad I read this thread....not so much for the image @Russell griffiths just posted (?) but for the information about basement WCs and macerators and @PeterW's confirmation of pumping vertically before horizontally. We want a WC in the basement and I was thinking that the macerator could pump down below the slab and then up to the main soil pipes. but, now I've read the thread and thought about it, of course that's not going to be possible! what was I thinking? 

I will now be looking at pumping it straight up and then using gravity to take it in to a soil pipe that feeds outside.

thanks 

DON'T employ this plumber:

20210216_124201.jpg.d1d76adb11e0cea90a86

40mm waste coming up from the floor, is the outflow from a macerator about 4 metres away that goes down, along under the floor, then back up here.

Small waste into the top is the condensing boilers condensate drain.

The middle of the tee branches off sideways into a strap on boss on the soil stack.

Even I know this is not going to work as planned.........

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Sensible question now. 

If your poo soup is rising vertically, do you have a one way valve or something just after the poo blender. 

If the poo blender suddenly stopped, would you not have a 2.5m high pipe full of poo soup so you cannot disconnect the blender. 

I think it would be best to add one . Though I think the macerator has non return valves aswell .

19 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Sensible question now. 

If your poo soup is rising vertically, do you have a one way valve or something just after the poo blender. 

If the poo blender suddenly stopped, would you not have a 2.5m high pipe full of poo soup so you cannot disconnect the blender. 

yes one way valves not unusual in the unit and then a gate valve a bit higher so you can isolate the column of crap... 

• Like 1

The above comments are the reason NOBODY wants to volunteer for the job of replacing a failed macerator.  And the only people that think they are a good idea are those that know or think they can find such a volunteer so they never have to touch them.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

The above comments are the reason NOBODY wants to volunteer for the job of replacing a failed macerator.  And the only people that think they are a good idea are those that know or think they can find such a volunteer so they never have to touch them.

Though it would seem I can’t install one . If I had and it broke I’d call a unhappy plumber in ? 

That’s cause no one gets geared up for the mess, slackens off a clip/nut and is surprised to see dirty/ sewerage water!

we have plastic tubs, disinfectant, wet Hoover when ours packs in, swapped over and cleaned up back to the yard in less than 1 hour

no we don’t like it but are geared up accordingly to minimise grief

On 20/03/2021 at 10:04, TonyT said:

That’s cause no one gets geared up for the mess, slackens off a clip/nut and is surprised to see dirty/ sewerage water!

we have plastic tubs, disinfectant, wet Hoover when ours packs in, swapped over and cleaned up back to the yard in less than 1 hour

no we don’t like it but are geared up accordingly to minimise grief

@pocster does not believe in minimising grief.

He does it the most difficult way to prove that he can.

Deranged.

On the Macerator he will be installing a special fan to have the stuff land on when it leaks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

SWMBO was on site today ( worse than bco ! ) . Not impressed at no underground wc .

SO ! Supposing I have a geberit type wall cistern what’s the maximum height a toilet can realistically be ? . Then it’s a 10mm fall per metre , yes ???

Trying to see if a ‘high’ toilet will give me enough of a run .

Also I notice in the macerator install instructions the ‘output’ on top instead of going straight vertical they always ‘snake’ a bit horizontally then go vertical. Why do that ???

Edited by pocster