External air fed stove. Airtight?

cwr

Having provisionally picked a stove that is combatable with an external/direct air feed I was wondering what happens to the primary and secondary air vents on the front of the thing. Perhaps slightly naively I had assumed that with the air duct kit the stove would become a room sealed appliance. Not so, the man in the showroom tells me. Apparently the external air feed supplies primary air, and secondary is still needed from the room.

Additionally, the room vents are just sliding plates, so who know just how well they seal... I have a similar Arada stove in my current house, I quite like it though you can sometime hear the air whistling through the 'closed' vents on a windy day.

I wonder are there more suitable stoves for a house with a high level of airtightness?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqBOgC8k8hVX8ff-ItPQgzyiyIVFn1biJGs4bHzMLaS0x1xgHZucE4VF2dVDORPX-fBs72aBK9&usqp=CAc

(ps. not intending to raise the debate on whether this will overheat the place and become an expensive ornament, which yes it probably will...)

Some stoves only duct one of the air supplies.

Choose carefully to find one that takes both primary and secondary air from the external duct and has no inlet grilles on the stove itself.

e,g, our Mendip Churchill stove.

0010260_churchill-5-convection-logstore-

2 hours ago, cwr said:

Apparently the external air feed supplies primary air, and secondary is still needed from the room.

Our Clearview Solution 400 has one on the front. Just remember to close it when not in use. 

Thanks for suggestions. 

What narrows the potentials is that one of the stoves is to be a  boiler stove. Can't find anything with a direct air supply (even if slightly questionable) other that Arada's offerings...

Not sure if it's the style you are after but the Lohberger H20 has direct air and a boiler (it's actually better than a back boiler as it's above the burn chamber so doesn't create the problems of cooling the combustion as a traditional back boiler stove does).