Cost of moving a neighbour's phone line

Just updating this in case anyone is searching for advice on something similar in the future. 

In the end, I paid £336 for a survey for OpenReach to come out and work out how to solve the above issue. It was decided with the contractor (and agreed with the kit-builder) to raise the height of the phone line where it connected to the neighbour's house rather than move it. This meeting was in June, and the additional cost was £812, which I paid in June, the day after receiving the quote (as a side note, the contractors who eventually turned up to do the work pissed themselves when they found out how much we had had to pay for this).

The work was eventually completed in late November, 5 months after I had paid, with no update from OpenReach during that time no matter how much I tried to contact them. They are absolutely bloody useless. I eventually had to go through their 'Jeopardy Management' team and threaten to charge back all the costs and remove the line myself to get them to do anything. In hindsight I should have done this a few months earlier.

• Like 2