Tender costs for a new build

Vel810

My kit was about 25% of the total build costs. What is the total square meterage of your house? 116 x 2? A realistic cost would be circa 1600 per square metre but you might bring it in for less than that if you do some of the work yourself, purchase materials economically etc. Costs of trades will vary depending on location. 

Welcome.

As above, the best bet is probably to work on the basis of the total internal floor area (the areas of all the floors added together) and then multiply this by the cost per m².

The cost per m² can vary a great deal, depending on the spec of the build and the build route chosen.  At the low end we've got members here that have done practically all the work themselves and come in at maybe £800/m² (or less, but that's really pushing it) and at the top end we've members who've come in at well over £2,000/m².  For someone self-building with subcontractors, to a basic spec, then £1,600/m², less in some regions, more in other regions.

1 hour ago, Stewarty said:

Costing question: On a levelled serviced plot if the timber frame kit house for a small one and a half storey house only (116m2 ground floor area) is £40,000 would you have a rule of thumb of the full build costs assuming its a basic fit out specification?

That is roughly what I paid for a (very) bare shell.  Total build cost is going to end up in the region of £150K which in my case works out at about £1000 per square metre.  But since the shell was finished, the only trades I have employed are a plasterer, and a joiner for the bits I fear I might not make a good enough job of. So there has been a LOT of DIY work to get it down to £1K per square metre.  

19 hours ago, Stewarty said:

Costing question: On a levelled serviced plot if the timber frame kit house for a small one and a half storey house only (116m2 ground floor area) is £40,000 would you have a rule of thumb of the full build costs assuming its a basic fit out specification?

Whats the total floor area? Take that and multiply it by £800 (basic fit out, doing lots of work yourself) and £2000 (higher spec, handing build over to a main contractor). The answer will likely be somewhere in the middle depending on how much you can do yourself, either in hands-on building work, project management, sourcing materials etc. A good starting point for a budget is £1500 per m2, assuming you don’t have any complicated foundations.

EDIT: oops, I hadn’t noticed replies on next page so it looks like I just repeated everyone else ?

Edited by AliMcLeod
  • Like 1