Extension with no membranes

Hello, I'm hoping to build a small extension on the side of the stable (140mm block) with a flat roof. I have planning permission for a small footprint and hope to enlarge it later when can apply for pp. Builder has suggested putting a steel in at the time to allow for easy demolition when the time hopefully comes.

My problem is deciding on the construction method whilst worrying about bat mitigation. We started the foundations on a Building Notice and so my architect's technician  doesn't seem to want to get involved now, as he says it's the builders risk. Seems like its mine, so  any advice welcome! 

The beam on the piles is 300mm wide. Block and cavity wall had seemed like a good idea, however, I read on here that sometimes BC might insist on breathable membrane under the weatherboarding, which we can't do. Does anyone have a flat roof spec they could share which doesn't use breathable membrane (we can use bituminous F1) please? I think I am on the clock if I ask the architect's tech as he's not familiar with this.