‘Packing out ‘ plasterboard

It would appear the timber frame is out a bit - warped timber aswell .

If I plasterboard this area as it is ; just naturally pulls to the warped angle .

What’s the best thing to do here ? Can I ‘pack out’ the plasterboard to get it level ??

3E10F7E8-B99E-4276-B128-042EE87BCDCB.jpeg

C769DF6A-32E3-466B-B859-79108F50B898.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Yes.  You can use a few strips of ply / OSB to bring it back in line.  With the external walls we normally staple a sheet of clear polythene as a vapour barrier before plasterboarding.

Here’s a better view . My osb is short - but don’t care about that . At the other it’s pretty level - so is a warped timber 

49079E45-F6EE-4DD0-B77C-3854EDF53CCA.jpeg

Just now, bassanclan said:

You could fix using expanding foam with s couple of loose drywall screws

Couple of beads of foam and a straight bit of timber to prop it while it goes off would be my weapon of choice. Don’t just prop the plasterboard direct as it will move and it will bend when the  foam expands. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pocster said:

Not really looked at the fixings of the door frame until now . Does seem a bit of a gap at the top ! - tempted to foam the gap ( between frame and the rubber seal )

DE70F492-C874-476C-9A8B-D3BDD9362427.jpeg

9242044F-BFA5-4622-BF8A-5DE3F174E30B.jpeg

Going to foam it . There’s no draft or sign of daylight - so not ‘open’ - but if I can get my hand in there it’s to big !! 

Edited by pocster

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

Just for you ...

I did call DIY SOS - but they thought I was taking the piss 

image.jpg

ha, take a couple of days to sort that little Space out, I have an Acre of “paddy field”, just had 40 tons of top soil delivered to be distributed about, will take me all summer I reckon (when the ground is dry enough to walk on ?).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pocster said:

Corners were meant to overlap and be neat - oh well “ plasterer can deal with that “ .?

image.jpg

This looks rough as arseholes?

Glad you put this pictures up, I know now what I can get away with. Never having plasterboard before I thought it might need to be as neat as possible, good to know that all sins can be sorted by the plasterer ?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

This looks rough as arseholes?

Glad you put this pictures up, I know now what I can get away with. Never having plasterboard before I thought it might need to be as neat as possible, good to know that all sins can be sorted by the plasterer ?

Exactly. That's why I'm paying him. It's his skill I need not mine ?