‘Packing out ‘ plasterboard

44 minutes ago, ProDave said:

No to sticks like, my plasterer says so.

If anything, fill in those corners with a bit of bonding coat plaster, it does not need to be good.

That is certainly some "unique" plasterboarding.

I am a bit special you know that!. @joe90 has sent me a number for a plasterer. I might email him some pic's first so he knows to double the price anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LA3222 said:

This looks rough as arseholes?

Glad you put this pictures up, I know now what I can get away with. Never having plasterboard before I thought it might need to be as neat as possible, good to know that all sins can be sorted by the plasterer ?

Easy remedy would be to take the reveal off and replace it with a wider piece Then rub the edge Down with a sureform 

Same with the walls Let them run past 5 mil 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nod said:

Easy remedy would be to take the reveal off and replace it with a wider piece Then rub the edge Down with a sureform 

Same with the walls Let them run past 5 mil 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Metal-Surform-Block-Plane/dp/B0001IWCXE/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=plasterer+surform&qid=1615393593&sr=8-5

Block or flat ????

On 08/03/2021 at 12:13, pocster said:

It would appear the timber frame is out a bit - warped timber aswell .

If I plasterboard this area as it is ; just naturally pulls to the warped angle .

What’s the best thing to do here ? Can I ‘pack out’ the plasterboard to get it level ??

3E10F7E8-B99E-4276-B128-042EE87BCDCB.jpeg

C769DF6A-32E3-466B-B859-79108F50B898.jpeg

I would go and cut myself a pile of 5mm and 11mm ply spacers.

Rip a piece to 6 inches then slice it into 1-3 inch pieces. A big pile of them will be great for sorting out all sorts. 

My brother had a real craftsman of a joiner working in his 1900's house a few years ago, while my brother was away for 2 weeks holiday I was to go in and check things were going OK - the first day I arrived to check I noted the guy had done a brilliant job of 12mm exterior ply lining all the wonky floors, what struck me was the massive pile of various thickness ply spacers he had cut for the next stages of the work.

As I came in each day I noticed these perfect little packed out bits and all sorts using all his spacers he had cut. They were all equal size and very very neat. 

I did the same when I was renovating bits of our house and trying to fit square stuff into squint rooms!

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Thanks 1

Just now, joe90 said:

yes that is what I used to do with those odd bits that go wrong, makes the corners more stable!

I’d rather the plasterer ‘prep’ it all . Don’t want to make it worse ....

See what he says Thursday ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA3222 said:

This looks rough as arseholes?

Glad you put this pictures up, I know now what I can get away with. Never having plasterboard before I thought it might need to be as neat as possible, good to know that all sins can be sorted by the plasterer ?

Plasterboard screws are cheap, go nuts...

20180213_193815

Then spoil it all with crap tiling! ?

• Haha 1

I can't rate my Lidl Parkside collated screw gun highly enough though it's mains powered.

I'm going to invest in one of these in my continued quest for ever cheaper, no name tools!

[£20.24 48% OFF]Drillpro Upgrade Chain Screw Gun Drill Adapter Chain Nail Gun Adapter for Electric Drill  Tool Accessories from Tools on banggood
https://banggood.app.link/q7VtTpj9veb

Tbh I reckon I could design and print an adapter to take the front end of the Parkside gun and attach to a cordless drill......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

I can't rate my Lidl Parkside collated screw gun highly enough though it's mains powered.

I'm going to invest in one of these in my continued quest for ever cheaper, no name tools!

[£20.24 48% OFF]Drillpro Upgrade Chain Screw Gun Drill Adapter Chain Nail Gun Adapter for Electric Drill  Tool Accessories from Tools on banggood
https://banggood.app.link/q7VtTpj9veb

Tbh I reckon I could design and print an adapter to take the front end of the Parkside gun and attach to a cordless drill......

Obviously mines the Dewalt boy ...

1 hour ago, pocster said:

I osb ‘d everything so I get my gun and screw like a mad bitch 

Difference is that @Onoff scews his lines using a lazer, your gun must literally be of the shotgun kind judging by your screw 'groupings' ??

Edited by LA3222
  • Like 1

Just now, LA3222 said:

Difference is that @Onoff scews his lines using a lazer, your gun must literally be of the shotgun kind judging by your screw 'groupings' ??

Yeah but what f wit lasers and screws exactly ? . I just shot gun everywhere- no messing !

OCD is for tiling not screw positions !

Just now, pocster said:

Yeah but what f wit lasers and screws exactly ? . I just shot gun everywhere- no messing !

OCD is for tiling not screw positions !

True that, you jave shown me the light, amen, hallelujah. You've literally saved hours of my life with those photos - much obliged?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

True that, you jave shown me the light, amen, hallelujah. You've literally saved hours of my life with those photos - much obliged?

No worries . I’m a bit like Jesus tbh . But not quite . Bet he never tiled or put up plasterboard - lazy (expletive deleted) .

Heard his woodworking skills were shit also 

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

What with Jesus being a carpenter and all that? ?

Wasn't that his step-dad? I think JC was an early 'Influencer' and went on to be a Superstar. I belive he speaks highly of your grouting though. ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Roundtuit said:

Wasn't that his step-dad? I think JC was an early 'Influencer' and went on to be a Superstar. I belive he speaks highly of your grouting though. ?

Nothing wrong with my grouting, it's the tiling that's crap!

• Haha 1