Nail gun recommendations wanted

I'll soon have to replace a feather board fence constructed from individual boards so lots of nailing. Due to proximity of plants it will be a lot easier to use a nail gun rather than a hammer.

Can anyone recommend a nail gun that will fire suitable nails to fix 22mm feather edge boards to cant rails?

So I'm thinking of hiring one of these..

https://www.hss.com/hire/p/power-fastening-timber-nailer

And using these 51mm galvanised ring shank nails..

https://www.screwfix.com/p/paslode-galvanised-plus-im350-collated-nails-2-8-x-51mm-1100-pack/32740

I guess I'd better not order nails until I check which model of gun they have? Or are most Paslode nails compatible with all Paslode guns?

@Oz07 Thanks for the offer but in the scheme of things the gun rental isn't going to break the bank and I'm not sure exactly when I'm going to get to do the job yet. 

Edited by Temp
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the end I hired a Paslode IM350+ from HSS for the weekend. They gave me a brand new machine! Amazing bit of kit. I was shooting 51mm galvanised ring shank nails with notched heads. Never missed a beat. Made it way easier as I could push the gun through the neighbours prickly plants. 

• 1 month later...
On 07/03/2021 at 21:08, Oz07 said:

@Temp how long you going to need for? Could borrow my dewalt for ring shanks

Hi Oz07 I have a new 25mt Feather edge board fence to do and also the loan of a Dewault DCN692 nail gun, what ring shank nails would you recommend for this job, a link would also be great, as I am finding it difficult to  decide on what nails to use, galv ring shanks and what heads.....

Your help would be appreciated as you own a similar nail gun.

Thanks 

On 28/03/2021 at 07:16, Oz07 said:

What did you pay out of interest? Small bits of kit like these are normally a great earner for the companies % wise. 

Wouldn't go back to hand nailing would you...

Was £46 + vat for the weekend although only really needed it for a day. Way easier than trying to hold branches out of the way, nail, board and hammer all at once.