Cement fibre cladding comparison

CHarding

Hi,

I'm looking to get the badly failed timber cladding on my two-storey house replaced, and my neighbour, who has the same construction, suggested cement fibre planks as a great-looking modern and fire-proof alternative. Turns out that all 6 houses in our Close are looking to now replace our warped timber with a cement fibre option.

I started investigating the options are quickly found that the main choices seem to be Hardie plank, Cembrit and Cedral. The price difference between Cedral and the others is significant. For aesthetic reasons my neighbor has decided on the ultra-modern-looking Cedral click which is tongue-in-groove mounted and doesn't have a wood effect - it is a smooth finish.

So here's the question: does anyone know of a material difference between these types of cladding that reflects the large installed price difference? I'm getting quoted £106 psm for Cedral click and £87 for Hardie plank and £90 for Cembrit from the same builder.

Any experience that folks have of these materials is welcome.

TIA!

We looked at both types of Cedral and went for the lap over click. The click seems to be quite a bit more expensive per board and it's available in less colours. I will say that the click probably gives a neater finish. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Cookie said:

We're going to use Trespa Pura but haven't started yet. Got a quote for £17,000 for 250sqm. That is supply only. It's a little pricier I guess then, but it's the only one that comes in the colours we want.

Cedral lap would be about £7k and Click £12k for supply only but that Trespa Pura looks very nice.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cookie said:

Hi Ralph - we saw it in Swindon at the build center there and really like it. I did get a Cedral quote which was about £2,000 less than my Trespa so I may well be looking at the wrong suppliers then!

Be very wary of products that are other than non-combustible.  Trespa is such a product and I would steer clear as it may be an issue with insurance, mortgage and warranty.

• Like 1

Hi - I have the documents from Trespa regarding fire safety, are you saying this is not enough? Sorry, I don’t know enough about this apparently. Mortgage is happy with it. Is fiber cement cladding not OK? Is cedral different? I’ve seen builds use Trespa & it’s at the building center in Swindon so just not sure why it’s a problem?