DPM question

crispy_wafer

Sat in work and a daft question entered my head, it not important right now, but I cant work out what's the right way to go about?

So, DPM, does it go down before block internal walls get built or after?  If it goes down before then it's gonna get shredded and ripped up, so has gotta go down after , right?  Internal block walls will have a dpc built into them then you dpm each room connecting to the DPC layer separately? - Is that right?

Block+Beam floor if it makes any difference.

Typically the beams in a B&B floor rest on/in internal walls/stub walls to reduce the span. So the situation is similar to external walls. 

You put in two DPC. One under the beams and one at the normal height. The DPM goes on top of the B&B before the insulation and connects with upper DPC.

28 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

but what is the mat that sits over the insulation and screed / underfloor heating

Underfloor Heating Design & Installation Bristol & Bath

The black polythene over the insulation and under the pipes is debonding / separation / VCL.  Not normally anything over the screed apart from floor finish.

• Like 2

That black stuff is a layer of plastic. My understanding is that it's intended to control water loss from the screed and/or prevent liquid screed getting under the insulation causing the whole lot to float.

The grey stuff looks like perimeter insulation. To stop heat loss into walls and allow for some expansion of the screed without pushing the walls out.

36 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

but what is the mat that sits over the insulation and screed / underfloor heating

Underfloor Heating Design & Installation Bristol & Bath

Slightly odd installation. I notice the screed isn't going under the kitchen units. So will their work tops feel a bit low after this is done?