Electricity quote

nod

Just had a call from the electricity supplier 

Quote for two plots coming from overhead cables Crossing a moderately busy road 

£7000 A lot more than last time as all services where on the pavement in front of the plot 

Though £3500 per plot doesn’t sound to bad 

13 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Would be interested to see the breakdown.  I would have expected less, e.g surely only one road crossing is needed etc.

It’s the first one I’ve tried 

Design map coming tom6A5F04E8-EF63-49B6-B7C0-EDC31D01015C.thumb.png.b9c3e81c0f4cea5b1a90cb7aa4324f38.pngorrow 

4 hours ago, ProDave said:

Would be interested to see the breakdown.  I would have expected less, e.g surely only one road crossing is needed etc.

It’s the first one I’ve tried 

Design map coming tom6A5F04E8-EF63-49B6-B7C0-EDC31D01015C.thumb.png.b9c3e81c0f4cea5b1a90cb7aa4324f38.pngorrow 

CB14DD3C-2019-468E-9D08-65A6422B1572.png

Bargain. Road closures are not cheap. I think we've done three on a project in work and it's cost €50k so far.

My connection was £2300 and that was literally 10ft of digging through my neighbour's garden to bury the existing service.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moonshine said:

How do you find a non power company to do the contestable works?

Talk to local ground workers - if they are doing road crossings then they need to be approved by the highways agency or LA.

Do other services need to come under the road?  We found Scottish Water gave a cheaper quote for the road crossing, so they did it and we laid in a duct for the electriciy.

See if you can find a local contractor that has a minor street works permit.  and see if they can mole under the road and install a black electricity duct.  That would be chepaer than closing the road, traffic lights and digging the road up.

We ended up with the connection pit open and a duct from the connection pit all the way to my meter box and the electrical connection them came down to about £1000