ecodan 8.5 setup and additional cylinder

My selfbuild extension has been evolving for about 3 years and I have been buying 'bargains' on ebay which I thought I would need.

As a result I now have an ecodan 8.5 ashp and preplumbed 300L cylinder and controller, bought secondhand but only used for 3 months as the elderly lady wanted it changed back to an oil boiler.

I also have a new unused worcester 300L indirect single coil unvented cylinder which I previously bought when I thought I would be using an oil boiler.

Is there a sensible way to incorporate this worcester cylinder in to the ecodan setup, possibly as a big buffer or something. I wasn't going to use a buffer as I have about 800M of pipe and no actuators, all open plan downstairs only in 10 loops.

Thanks

Edit. Forgot to add, the extension will effectively be seperate from the old house which we will use as an occasional guest 'wing', and this bit is already served by an oil combi for heating and hot water.

Edited by trialuser
Forgot to add

• 1 month later...

You could plumb the spare cylinder in series on the input to the main (pre-plumbed) one, leave it dormant most of the time but serve as additional hot water capacity if ever needed. e.g. guests over, or if you have a lot of solar PV you could redirect to an immersion in that as additional storage after your main tank is to temperature. (Beware of summer overheating though).

We just installed an ecodan 8.5, a bunch of teething issues but now it's going it's amazing.