Nu-heat LoProLite

Laurence737

Hi Everyone,

I wondered if anyone had any experience with the Nu-heat LoProLite retrofit wet UFH system?

We are looking for a low profile system to retrofit into our property and have around 30mm from the current floorboards to the existing sill heights so we’re thinking of using this system and 8mm LVT.

Thanks

I’ve not seen much great about Nu-heat and have had to sort a few ( too many ) of their poor designs out. I’d look at Wunda Overlay as an alternative. 
Not great heat transfer characteristics with vinyl flooring either. With the Nu-heat system, do the panels get over boarded before laying LVT? Make sure you cost in for the spray adhesive that is required to bond the boards to the substrate, and the required prep work for the substrate too. 

DB0AEBFD-8A27-4630-A91A-98521D3E49D6.thumb.png.51743f6962e1da4c2b1eb20da0e79927.png

52 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I’ve not seen much great about Nu-heat and have had to sort a few ( too many ) of their poor designs out. I’d look at Wunda Overlay as an alternative. 
Not great heat transfer characteristics with vinyl flooring either. With the Nu-heat system, do the panels get over boarded before laying LVT? Make sure you cost in for the spray adhesive that is required to bond the boards to the substrate, and the required prep work for the substrate too. 

DB0AEBFD-8A27-4630-A91A-98521D3E49D6.thumb.png.51743f6962e1da4c2b1eb20da0e79927.png

Thanks for that input it’s really helpful, as far as I am aware without having the instructions it seems that the system is similar for LVT to the Wunda boards, where you install a 7mm HDF board over the top to fix the laminate to?

what sort of W/m2 would you say I should be looking for at T50?

You need to know what the room requires in terms of heat input ( to maintain 20oC internal at 0oC outside temp ) before deciding on UFH, especially retro-fit options. There are a few online room heat calculators out there, so I'd say use 2 or 3 different models to get an average, and then work out total useful floor area / w/m2 and you'll have your answer. 

LVT is a good option because it makes the floor feel naturally comfortable under bear feet / in socks vs tiles, but it is a very poor diffuser / emitter and will allow the floor to have 'hot-spots', eg areas where you will actually be able to tell where the pipes are laying due to the elevated flow temperatures that you will require vs tiles. Are you dead set on LVT? That will work but tiles would help out quite a bit here and be far better at diffusing and emitting the heat evenly and allow for a slightly lower flow temp.