Internorm thoughts please.

Jas142

Evening/morning and afternoon. 

hey guys just after your thoughts really on what 30k should/could get me with internorm. I’m only after Alu clad upvc due to the pine not really matching the feel of the house. I’ve had a quote for £28k for around 48m2 of glass. This doesn’t include a front door or rear but it does include three of their special Juliet balconies which I love and two lift and slides at 4metres wide. Part of me thinks this is a fair deal but is there some of you that think I could do better due to the fact it is mainly upvc after all. 

thanks 

jas :) 

We have the aluclad with wood inside but our son next door has the UVPC ones and they are  great- he wanted grey interiors  anyhow.

Our fitters were totally crap  ( dont use Ecohouse internorn  or  if you do contact us about which fitters to avoid ! )  

Do check with the JUliet balcony about the window cill. Internorn said there shoudl not have  been a window cill as its a door! But a door no one walks through. If we had not fitted the cills ourselves the water would have been running down behind the render .

Another thing if there are large gaps above the big sliders then dont fill with expanding foam - we did this and it warped the door so its hard to open even though we dug all the foam out .

One question I had about windows is how do you get the sucker marks off the outside? Before the scaffolding went we spent ages washing the windows  and they looked ok but as soon as there is any outside condensation you can still see the sucker rings 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys appreciate it. Specially in regards to the Juliet balconies as there are three of them. The main reason for not going with wood is purely because the top half of the house will be clad in Siberian larch that will turn grey and I just think the wood isn’t necessary. Would be the only colour in the house not to match anything so I would rather spend the money I save else where. 

Not unless you have sucker marks on the aluminium. ?  Just have a bucket of fresh water at the ready if your worried but upvc cleaner is the only method we found of removing sucker marks. You’ve got to remember solvents disperses in air. You’d apply it to a cloth and clean as you please. 

On 02/03/2021 at 09:00, Red Kite said:

We have the aluclad with wood inside but our son next door has the UVPC ones and they are  great- he wanted grey interiors  anyhow.

Our fitters were totally crap  ( dont use Ecohouse internorn  or  if you do contact us about which fitters to avoid ! )  

Do check with the JUliet balcony about the window cill. Internorn said there shoudl not have  been a window cill as its a door! But a door no one walks through. If we had not fitted the cills ourselves the water would have been running down behind the render .

Another thing if there are large gaps above the big sliders then dont fill with expanding foam - we did this and it warped the door so its hard to open even though we dug all the foam out .

One question I had about windows is how do you get the sucker marks off the outside? Before the scaffolding went we spent ages washing the windows  and they looked ok but as soon as there is any outside condensation you can still see the sucker rings 

We had the issue with the top of the door dropping and I used an acrobat to push it back up and tighten the fixing screws

We tried wedging the door  up and retightening the  screws which  helped a bit.  When internorn were back fixing the windows they dropped the fitter suggester this. The door will open but needs 2 hands to push it and the handle is very stiff . We can compare this to our sons sliding door which is much easier to open