Air test result

CC45

Today was the day - after a lot of taping etc two years ago we found out today how good it all was.  I've not had the paperwork through yet but the tester said the Q50 reading was 1.29 - not sure what this means but the air changes per hours came out at 1.1.  Well pleased with that.  Not too sure what others on this forum have achieved.  I suspected it must be Q good because the house keeps warm with very little heat input.

The weak points were french doors (bad - need to see how to adjust them) - 2 pairs of these. And there is a leak somewhere on an internal wall (?) but I've decided that we are not going to try to find them.  Just need to move in now.

Hope everyone is well,

CC

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, CC45 said:

but the tester said the Q50 reading was 1.29 - not sure what this means

This is the leakage rate expressed as cubic metres per hour per square metre of external surface area. The area being measured on the internal surface of the external walls, floor and roof.

11 hours ago, CC45 said:

the air changes per hours came out at 1.1

Well done, that's good. I did some runs of the PHPP for my house design with different air airtightness values and once you get down to around 1ach the advantages of going lower are quite small.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PeterStarck said:

Well done, that's good. I did some runs of the PHPP for my house design with different air airtightness values and once you get down to around 1ach the advantages of going lower are quite small.

pretty pleased with that - better quality doors would help get below 1 but we are going to leave it as it is.

1 minute ago, CC45 said:

pretty pleased with that - better quality doors would help get below 1 but we are going to leave it as it is.

A lot of turnkey suppliers will AT test the dwelling with all of the windows and doors taped off, so not usually representative of the 'big picture'. If you are around 1 with the doors and windows exposed then you've done very well IMHO.