Hi and thank you (and help please)

Mandy

Hi 

Thank you for letting me join this very helpful group. I’m looking forward to joining in the forums.

My question is ....... I am about to submit a full planning permission for a garden infill development (small 2 bed bungalow)  BUT I am wondering how the council will view this as 5 years ago I obtained a certificate of lawfulness for an annexe also in the garden of the same site. Will this CLUED jeopardise a new application? 
Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

25 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I am about to submit a full planning permission for a garden infill development (small 2 bed bungalow)  BUT I am wondering how the council will view this as 5 years ago I obtained a certificate of lawfulness for an annexe

Welcome.

Was the annexe ever built?

Have you looked at you Council Planning Department website to see how other similar  garden in-fill developments are handled? If not, that's the place to start. If so, what's your feel for the way the LPA are  dealing with similar applications?

Thank you, yes I did get the certificate of lawfulness.

I’m just a bit worried that by applying for a new property (this new application will be on the side garden) whereas the annexe was in the rear garden that the council will say the site is overdeveloped? 

My architect and our planning officer both felt it was worth producing a street scene drawing showing what the end result will look like from the road. It showed our proposal and the buildings either side. Its a work of fiction because there is no one place where you can see that view. Instead its more like what you see if driving past, bit like the photo finish images they use to determine horse races. Would your outbuilding be visible in such a drawing?

"Over development" is very subjective. What percentage of the land will end up covered by buildings?