Hot and cold water manifold choices

cwr

Largely thanks to this forum I am a definite convert to a manifold system for hot a cold water.

But which manifold to use? Hep2o ones look good but are expensive. What other manufactures/brands are there?

Or it is as cost effective to make up one's own?

Totally agree with the manifold approach. 

Are you planning on 10mm runs for hot water to downstairs toilet?

If you have an insulated raft foundation, are you putting any water pipes in the insulation below the raft?

Have you considered a Hot Water Return loop if you have very long runs?

These are the questions that are occupying me at present 

I have a home brew (by plumber) 22mm copper pipe loops for hot and cold with Hep2O 1/4 turn full bore valves for each feed, then a continuous Hep2O run to the target for each pipe (no joins in walls to hopefully avoid any future problems).

7 hours ago, cwr said:

What other manufactures/brands are there?

Just looking at this myself

There's Polypipe & JG Speedfit which I found both more expensive than Hep2o for my requirements

Im still considering Emmeti multiplex and using up all the 16mm MLCP pipe I have left over from 2 floors of UFH. Press fittings no more expensive than Hep, also found someone who'll lend me their press tool

Sounds like a home made manifold is the cheapest, and the most fun.

Copper Tee, full bore 1/4 valve, then 15 or 10mm JG pipe.

Just thinking of how to go from the 1/4 turn valve to JG pipe, can you put the male stem end of these fittings into a compression joint? ie at he outlet of the brass 1/4 valve.

51918.jpg

Are you planning on 10mm runs for hot water to downstairs toilet?

Yes, 10mm for everything except showers, baths and probably kitchen sink.

If you have an insulated raft foundation, are you putting any water pipes in the insulation below the raft?

I'm running mine in service void under ceiling. Not ideal to get at, but certainly easier than being buried under concrete. Hopefully never have to access again either way!

Have you considered a Hot Water Return loop if you have very long runs?

I'm not going to. Relying on small bore pipe (10mm) to reduce time for hot water getting to where it's needed.